Archive for the ‘Economy’ Category
USSA Week In Review: Capitol Stormed, Trump Surrenders, Bitcoin Reaches New All Time Highs Versus USDFriday, January 8th, 2021
The fall of the US hegemon which began last year with the inability of the US to continue escalating after Iran fired ballistic missiles at US positions in Iraq following the assassination of an Iranian general in Iraq on a diplomatic mission. In this past week:
- Georgia's Senate run off election delivered the US Senate to the "Democratic" Party. This will place the House of Representatives, Senate, and Presidency all under the overt control of the same party.
- Protestors stormed the US Capitol, vandalized some shit, and ended their occupation after a Trump staffer took to Twitter. President Trump himself was suspended from Twitter during the event.
- The US Congress confirmed North America's own geriatric Juan Guaidó as the President elect.
- The EU stopped recognizing Venezuela's Juan Guaidó as Venezuela's "interim President"
- Incumbent US President Donald Trump Surrendered the inauguration despite promising to "continue to fight" despite not actually having fought actual threats since taking office.
- Iraq issued a warrant for the arrest of sitting US President Donald Trump.
- Bitcoin set several new all time highs crossing the 40,000 USD for 1 BTC mark.
With Brexit completing as the New Year started, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has subjected the entire Queendom to "tier 4" lockdown restrictions he made up last month and which lead to an evacuation of London. Further "tier 5" restrictions on movement are allegedly in the works.
With efforts to create panic over a "new strain" Johnson's projected mid-February end date for the "tier 4" restrictions on movement is unlikely to be realized. Informal surveys of Britons suggest most of the Queendom's inmates are unaware that not "everyone" is suffering to the degree they are, and that not everyone is "dealing" with what the Queendom suffers.
Regime backed forces in New York captured bar owner and leader of the Mac’s Public House autonomous zone Danny Presti over his refusal to surrender to totalitarian measures backed by a carefully cultivated popular hysteria. The man attracted the regime's wrath for serving food and beverages on inside his premises.
John Hopkins Retracts Article Highlighting Lack Of Annual Mortality Increase Despite "Coronovirus Disease" PanicSaturday, November 28th, 2020
John Hopkins pulled an article published on November 22nd demonstrating that no increase in total mortality occurred in the United States despite substantial hype made over a "coronavirus disease" pandemic. The retraction was made over concerns that the conclusions presented were being used to oppose totalitarian "public health" policies. Archives of the paper have been captured (archived, archived) and the text of the paper is reproduced below with Interesting snippets bolded: (more...)
In a press conference today President Luis Lacalle Pou confirmed that due to ongoing respiratory virus hysteria, Uruguay's borders will remain largely closed to tourism through the coming summer high season. Border controls and Ministry of Defense presence at the international bridge connecting Fray Bentos in the Department of Rio Negro to Argentina are also being increased. While the Peso Uruguayo has remained relatively steady against the USD holding at 41 to 44 pesos Uruguayos for several months, the market rate of the Peso Argentino has fallen to 188 Pesos Argentinos to the USD as of today.
After several unsuccessful attempts, the Presidential Plane was finally sold at auction to an Argentine for 180,000 USD. Bidding on the plane opened at 350,000 USD without any bids to match. Several nominally interested bidders arrived at the auction without bringing an adequate cash deposit. The plane was acquired during the second Vásquez administration in 2018 for 1.01 million USD.
The ExpoCannabis announced they will be hosting the annual gathering at the campus of LATU in Montevideo. The Expocannabis will be held as an actual event people can physically attend though some sort of online companion thing for non-attenders to try to achieve a feeling of participation will also be available. A program of speakers, panels, and vendors in attendance is expected to be published in the coming weeks. (more...)